For Graduate students
Learn more about ways UC graduate students can get involved with PEWS.
We use Microsoft Teams as our primary collaboration tool. Any member of the UC community interested to get more involved with PEWS is welcome to join our Team. Join our MS Teams here.
- NSCI/SOSC/HUM 7000 Sharing Science Experience: two-day, 1-credit graduate course, (SSE), in partnership with Cincinnati Museum Center. Offered twice each fall semester beginning Fall 2023.
- NSCI/SOSC/HUM 7030 Public Engagement with Science: Interdisciplinary graduate course offered each spring semester beginning Spring 2024.
- Engaging Science Fellowship: Fellows will be placed with a community organization in Greater Cincinnati to contribute to their public-facing work and execute an independent project in public engagement with science during the summer. Students must have completed 7000 and 7030 to qualify.
- R&D Group: Students interested in public engagement with science are welcome to get involved with the interdisciplinary PEWS research and discussion group that meets weekly. See the R&D channel in our MS Teams for recent topics and meeting announcements. Students may sign up for a 1-credit each semester for involvement in this group (HUM7001).
- PEWS offers paid graduate internships and fellowships each academic year, including Web & Social Media Coordinator, Video & Media Coordinator, Sustainability Fellows, and Research Assistants. Join our mailing list to ensure you see position announcements.
Graduate Student Affiliates
- Graduate students who have completed at least two projects with PEWS and have a continuing interest in public engagement with science are invited to apply to become a PEWS Graduate Student Affiliate.
Email us at EngagingScience@uc.edu with questions about any of these opportunities or to apply to become a PEWS Graduate Student Affiliate.