Skip to content
For UC Undergraduate Students:
- The gen ed course PHIL 1032 How Science Works (BoKs NS and QR) provides an introduction to the nature of science and to wide range of scientific methods and patterns of reasoning.
- PEWS sometimes mentors UHP summer interns, and we are interested to develop additional undergraduate internship opportunities.
For UC Graduate Students:
- Interdisciplinary graduate course NSCI/SOSC/HUM 7030 Public Engagement with Science is typically offered each spring semester.
- We offer a two-day, 1-credit graduate course, NSCI/SOSC/HUM 7000 Sharing Science Experience (SSE), in partnership with Cincinnati Museum Center when grants or programs can cover the cost of the course.
- PEWS regularly advertises paid graduate internships and research assistantships on our mailing list.
Other ways to get involved:
- MS Teams: We use Microsoft Teams as our primary collaboration tool. Any member of the UC community interested to get more involved with PEWS is welcome to join our Team.
- R&D Group: Students interested in public engagement with science are welcome to get involved with the interdisciplinary PEWS ‘R&D’ (research and discussion) group that meets regularly through the year. See the Research and Discussion Group channel in MS Teams for recent topics and meeting announcements.