We are excited to announce the launch of the Center for Public Engagement with Science donation page! Please consider making a gift to PEWS. Donations will help support student internships with PEWS, local Cincinnati events about science, and interdisciplinary research into effective public engagement with science.
PEWS started less than five years ago and has quickly become a leader in conducting and improving the quality of public engagement with science. Over the past five years, we have developed a strong network of participation across University of Cincinnati, including:
- 14 graduate student and undergraduate student interns working on PEWS projects
- 20 UC faculty from A&S, CECH, and College of Medicine participating as Faculty Affiliates and Advisory Board members
- Piloting a cutting-edge interdisciplinary graduate seminar in public engagement with science
- Publishing an undergraduate textbook Recipes for Science: An Introduction to Scientific Methods and Reasoning (coauthored by PEWS Director Angela Potochnik)
- Teaching the gen ed course PHIL 1032: How Science Works every semester
PEWS has also been active in the Greater Cincinnati community. Since 2017, we have:
- Established partnerships with 11 community organizations
- Organized a virtual workshop with more than 300 registrants
- Started a YouTube channel with recordings that already have 2,500 views
- Organized or partnered in 12 public events in Cincinnati about science
We have also received funding from the National Science Foundation, UC College of Arts & Sciences, TAFT Research Center, and UC Office of Research. PEWS has even been mentioned in the journal Nature as a leading resource in counteracting science denial.
We appreciate your support for PEWs. We are excited to continue to grow in the upcoming year.
Thank you for giving.